Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Portrait of Adrien Zupe

This is my rejected submission for a Baltic comics anthology called Kus. The theme was 'artventurous'. I'm pretty bummed that I didn't get in, it's a really great looking book, and I thought my story was pretty cool. I painted the backgrounds and then did some coloring on top in photoshop. Oh well, let me know what you think:

Well, it is a little messed up. Not my best work I guess.

Oh yeah, and here's my comic from yesterday. I'm moving up in the world:

8 comments:

bradagenda said...

Did they say why it was rejected? I think it works pretty well on all fronts...

Shayle said...

Love the comic. The painted bgs look sweet and the story was top notch!

You're like a little kid when it's their birthday, being the manager. "Guess what? /I'm the manager today/ :D"

Pierce said...

I heard it more like the PopCopy guy "I /AM the Manager B!"

The font is a little hard to read in the painted work, or my eyes just hurt already

Matt said...

All around awesomeness. Those dudes are crazy for rejecting your comic. It was great!

Michael Bud said...

Sam, I think the comic is great. It might not have been a good fit for this particular contest, but it's definitely a keeper.

GARZA said...

dude that was a really awesome comic, painting on top of the painted backgrounds is such a sweet look, fuck da haters #Ihearthaters

Mike Greaney said...

Comic is awesome man, you coloured work looks sick!

Mark P Hensel AKA William Cardini said...

I love how you did the colors in this one Sam.