Monday, October 3, 2011

That one's starring KEVIN with title shout-out to JOSE.
24 hour comics day is super fun, but sheesh, it's brutal. I didn't finish this year, which is a bummer. Last years book starring SNOOD, was a much easier to draw book (those characters are like 4 lines each... haha). I challenged myself this year to draw an auto bio comic about my grandma. I've never drawn a long auto-bio story, so I thought it might be neat, but it's just me talkin on the phone with my grandma, so maybe it's boring? I penciled all 24 pages, but I only inked 15 of them (i was using a g-nib dip pen to ink instead of markers last year... which was also way harder). I'll finish the last few pages, bang out a cover, and hopefully sent them to print sometime this week. Here's a test page/character sheet I made to prepare:
Paper dream productions covered the whole event (podcast coming soon?) and thanks to Time Warp Comics in Boulder for putting the event on!

5 comments:

Matt said...

Wow, man. It's so cool that you really challenged yourself for this year's event. I betcha the results are gonna be awesome. I really liked your study page, too. You're a machine!

GARZA said...

thats a really cool story to make a comic out of, I wanted to do 24 hr day so bad, but I was tied down dyeing shirts!!! arghgh!

tintorcio said...

Dude! Awesome fly swat comic. And way to motor through on the 24 hour challenge!

Kevin said...

Whoo hoo! I been Spinadoodled!

tintorcio said...

I think this is my favorite title too. the big bug is awesome.