Monday, August 29, 2011

Comics and important T-Shirt news





I finally made my first shirt test prints this weekend. I hated how they came out, but looking at it today I came to the conclusion that they're not that bad. I really like how splotchy the shirts got when I dyed them, but I'm still not crazy about the design. Here's a sample pic:


What do you think? If people don't like it them I'm going to change the design. Heres what I was thinking instead (I'll clean it up later, this is just first draft):

I'm going to make my desicion to change tomorrow, so please let me know if you have an opinion! Also, thanks for buying a shirt if you already ordered one!

12 comments:

GARZA said...

Ah man, screen printing can be frustrating, but once your screen is right the result is always cool. the shirt looks really cool how it came out, I'd still rock the shit out of that. #realrecognizereal

I dig the new design too, maybe you can do that as a 2nd edition limited run?

P. Tyler Wallace said...

i think they look pretty awesome man!!! the way the dye got into the shirt is pretty awesome too...good luck with this grave decision.

tintorcio said...

I like everything except the purple ink. Just a personal opinion. BLACK ink would be perfect.

tintorcio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason Bradshaw said...

Hah, that new design is great. Reminds me of Deforge a bit. Do what cha gotta do, though I do agree with the black ink idea.

Looking good, dude!

Matt said...

Jeez, you are one dedicated dude.

Samantha said...

EW, Ted, BLACK ink?! Do you want to wear it as a Halloween costume?

Dad said...

You're a heck of a salesman, Sam.

Garrett Burke said...

Sickk! (def black ink, though - the purple makes it way clemson, haha)

Sam Spina said...

wow black ink huh? I don't like that idea, haha, sorry everyone. I upped the saturation on the photo's, so the ink is actually more red/brown than purple. I agree with Samantha that it would look like halloween and I like it being more playful and bright. I just got home from work and ate some ice cream, so I'm ready to knock out that second design, I've been thinking about it all day. I'll post that to see what you all say and work on it tomorrow! I'm really surprised that people like the first one as much as they do, I think you guys are just being nice and don't wanna hurt my feelings...

Robin Cain said...

I honestly like both of them... Black ink would be good, but I agree that would be to much like Halloween. The dark reddish brown sounds perfect! I can't wait!

Jah said...

Wait wait, you met peanut butter wolf?!