Wednesday, June 15, 2011

MY EYE: the Samantha Strips



That was me this past weekend. Painfully sitting on the couch with my eyes closed.

Last thursday night Samantha accidentally poked my eye, really REALLY bad. I could barely sleep that night and went to an optometrist friday morning where he literally SHAVED A PART OF MY EYEBALL OFF with a beard-trimmer looking thing. He said it was one of the worst corneal abrasions he had ever seen and gave me a patch.

So for the rest of the weekend I couldn't even open my good eye because it would just hurt my bad eye. On monday I could finally start opening my good eye enough to watch tv, and I also had my patch replaced with a bandage contact, which is way more comfortable, but didn't soak up the puss (which was annoying). By tuesday I started feeling a lot better and could finally start opening my bad eye. My vision is still blurred, but it doesn't really hurt as bad today, and the doctors said I can remove my contact tomorrow.

The best part of my weekend was having Samantha do everything I say, like making cookies, and more importantly, doing my comic when I couldn't:






I felt well enough to do my strip yesterday though:



So it was a pretty crazy weekend. I did still manage to sell (and draw in, see pic below, haha) a comic though. Have you guys bought the Burning yet? it's only $1!



Finally, I'll leave you with a video of Greege spinning:

14 comments:

GARZA said...

holy crap dude that sucks! But you did look like some bad ass villian with the eye patch. That's cool Samantha drew for you, and even inked! Get better dude, HALO, tonight....maybe.

o f l o d a said...

Wow man! That sucks but I'm really glad your doing ok. I agree.. you do look like a bad ass villain. -_^

Samantha's comics look great. That was an awesome idea to have her fill in for you.

Matt said...

Whoa! That's crazy, man... but, yeah, with the eye patch and the cat you totally look like a super-villain. Feel better, dude.

Amalgamated Biscuit said...

Yeesh eyeball scraping doesn't sound fun.

amanduh said...

I demand girl sam start her own daily comic, immediately.

amanduh said...

And, glad your eye is doing better!

tintorcio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tintorcio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tintorcio said...

You should start doing a regular strip Samantha! Good stuff!. Nice comeback strip Sam. Glad you're feeling better.

P. Tyler Wallace said...

ahaha this is amazing. hope your eye gets better man, that is the worst.

mk said...

This was awesome! I watched that video so much haha. I'm glad your eye is better. And I promise I'll stop being a terrible friend and send your comic copies back to you soon.

xoxoxoxo

MK

EB said...

I love Samantha's versions of your comics. She should be a regular contributor!

JB Sapienza said...

That is one of my worst fears. I also fear pears and garbonza beans. But of things that are real it is my eyeball being poked out. Glad you are back on the eye horse.

also, Samantha did an excellent job filling in for you!

JB Sapienza said...

also your comeback strip is pretty awesome. Love the line work in the extreme close up.