Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Selling CDs / TDC Christmas card


Am I surprised or disappointed in the last panel? Hmm...

Last week I was asked to Illustrate Tyler Dominic Creative's (a local design firm) Christmas card that they send to all their clients. They came up with the idea of being elves while Santa holds them holding all of their vices. It was a fun project and I'm pretty happy with the result.

First I doodled the initial sketch in my sketchbook:

Then I vectorized my original sketch:

And finally added some texture in photoshop:

I've been seeing a bunch of really really amazing vector illustrations lately and really wanted to give it a try. I'll post again when it finally gets printed!

I'm currently out of town for the holidays so updates are going to be few and far between, but the next one is a pretty awesome one!

9 comments:

tuwhitt said...

I'm going to say: disappointed.

Jason said...

The card looks great, Sam! I would love to see more vector stuff from you!

Blake said...

I"ve never tackled a Christmas card thingy. Perhaps I should

Tyler said...

Sam, thats awesome man!!!

o f l o d a said...

I really dig the vector work.

Bryce said...

looks great!

TAC said...

Sam, thanks for the card! It came out really good. They were printed today, will send you one!

Benjamin Vaughn said...

Great card!

GARZA said...

Wow man, that card looks so sweet! I love vector work with cool textures! Great job man!