Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Washed and FIGHT DECK!


And also, I painted another skateboard! It's for an upcoming skate deck art show (those are kinda played out, i know...) called BORDO BELLO which I think is September 28th here in Denver. Last year Jim Mahfood had a deck there (that i bought), so I'm excited to see who might have one there this year.

Here are some process shots, pencil, first layer of paint, black outlines and then final. It's all acrylic paint:

Then here are some action shots:

The deck's starring my new character Fight, whose mini-comic is taking WAY too long. I'm just so busy!

Here's my board from last year, and I'll post pics of the show when it's over.

14 comments:

They call me EB said...

I love it! I think skateboard art deck shows are still cool. I don't see many of them here.

Tyler said...

man that deck rulez!!! beautiful.

mk said...

That deck is the shit - you're gonna be so famous one day darlin'. Constant amazement.

GARZA said...

That is such a bitchin deck! This new Fight character is bad ass, eating hearts and getting ripped, sweeet!

duffyallen said...

I love this years board! And that comic is a sam spina comedy classic :P
Also, you probably already knew about this, but I wanted to tell you anyway. I'm visiting Portland Oregon right now and I went into Floating World Comics. They pretty much have everything you'd ever want . . . including a copy of "Hoodle Origins!" I'm not gonna lie, it was awesome to see it in a shop.

Bryce said...

ooo i like the speckles and letters.

Matt said...

Whoa. Last year's board was pretty sick but this year's board has some oomph! Really nice bold design. I can't wait to see this Fight mini.

Mike Greaney said...

OH man, looks badass dude!

Jason said...

Those decks look like so much fun to paint up

Ian Andersen said...

hmm, now that I think of it I've never washed my work pants. nice deck

Rob said...

Very cool board

amanduh said...

dude, sick deck- i could totally pop some nasty mcflies on it.

Sam Spina said...

don't amanda

Leila del Duca said...

Coolest skateboard ever! It makes me wish I knew how so I could show off my moves AND your artwork AT THE SAME TIME.