Thursday, September 23, 2010

Victore and a jam comic


It was really incredible to see James Victore talk about his new book and his work. Very inspiring.

I went with my fellow designer/cartoonist friend Lonnie Allen. Afterwords we got a few drinks and made this little jam comic in my pocket sketchbook. I just want to say, this is in no way supposed to be James Victore, I just thought he was an interesting looking guy and doodled him, and it just started from there. This comic is entirely fictional and any resemblance to anyone, living or dead, is purely coincidental. Seriously.



6 comments:

GARZA said...

That's sweet you got to see him lecture and get a free sticker! Nice jam comic too!

Robin Cain said...

You're being ironic today, Sam.

Matt said...

That line about school being bullshit is so true. Except for life drawing, college is practically worthless.

Rafael Tapia III said...

awesome post.

Sam Spina said...

yeah matt, figure studies and partying 101 were the only classes that mattered. oouuuuuuu

Leila del Duca said...

Haha! I really like the jam comic you guys made. "Pshh, Gods can't love," was a fantastic line and I think it's so hilarious that Victoire (sp?) was so anti-iPod right after you got yourself a new one. HA!