Thursday, September 9, 2010

BACK!

Welp I'm back from my Cola trip, so time to start updating again! I'm too lazy to scan in all the comics though, so here's this to warm you up for some Columbia trip mega posts. Before I left I painted some blank vinyl toys! Here are the two I made:

The first one is named Drigs:

I painted him for my sisters birthday. He even came with a cool card:

The next one is Fight! He's the star of my next mini comic I'm currently working on. This one was for samantha's uncle Tyler:

Even Samantha painted one! Cute mountain cow scene on a blank cupcake toy Jon and Stephanie bought her:

Tons of comics tomorrow! Oh and dude, do yourself a favor and buy my new favorite comic Afrodisiac. I read it on the plane and it's seriously my new fave comic.

Oh and check this really nice write up on A BIG CITY DIED. Thanks again Cedar!

8 comments:

Robin Cain said...

Glad you're back! Cool Munny and can't wait to see your new mini!

GARZA said...

Awesome Vinyls man! It would be the sickest if you had a whole set of toys of your characters!

Bryce said...

it's about time! i'm anxiously awaiting the obligatory spinadoodlesvacationmegapost.

Matt said...

Those are awesome! Where'd you get the blank ones from? I'd love to paint a couple for my boys for Christmas.

Sam Spina said...

thanks everyone! matt, i'm pretty sure you can buy them anywhere. i think i even saw them at a bookstore. http://www.kidrobot.com/Toys/DoItYourselfToys/ i just get the $10 ones

Garrett Burke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Garrett Burke said...

Dude! I love vinyl toys! I'd buy spina-designed Munny's any day!

TAC said...

The Fight vinyl I just picked up at Micahel's craft store. $5!
http://www.roseart.com/Products/Blockhead_p_2651/