Saturday, July 31, 2010

500 mega post

This is my 500th post! And my replacement scanner came in! And it was way easier than last time to set it up.



Those last two were done with a g-nib dip pen. I'm not sure if I like how the comics came out, but it's fun to use, so I'll probably do some more. Here's a test page I made with the nib pen:

ALSO, check out this BONUS COMIC I made for my friend Cedar Pasori's new blog she just started with a bunch of people called A Big City Died.

Also I finally bought the new Scott Pilgrim book and it came with a free pass to a preview screening of the movie last night, but I couldn't go because I was working! Jeez! I almost made a comic about it.

9 comments:

combovermonsterfan said...

Epic post

King AdBeck said...

Congrats on 500 posts! That is a remarkable achievement in the world of webcomics! I wish you 500 more.

Dean Grey said...

Congratulations on your 500th post!

-Dean

Levi Krause said...

Congrats, Sam! 500 is a LOT of posts! Especially once you factor in how GOOD they are! Well done.

Love the new page design too, btw.

Matt said...

I love seeing your sketchbook pages... they're always so dense and packed full of Spina-y goodness (and that is a great eye). 500 posts?! That's incredible. Especially when you consider that you rarely post anything besides a comic, like some people (*points to self*). Well done, sir.

Amalgamated Biscuit said...

I love Dip pens! Love going out and fiddling with all the little nibs available in art shops. Sort of exhausted them now so I'll have to order some special ones online.

Anyway congratulations on your 500th post, you prolific swine!

Bryce said...

the bottom right corner of the test page is my favorite. i think the comics look good!

GARZA said...

AWESOME MEGA POST! I hope we were cooking something good if I was in your dream!

Sam Spina said...

thanks everyone! and yeah bryce, i think you would really like this nib i'm using, it get's SUPER thin, and it feels awesome using it. like old timey.