Thursday, April 8, 2010

MANTUS!

I just finished a project I've been working on FOREVER! I was contacted months ago by RON BAXLEY, a sci-fi author from South Carolina, to illustrate his second book in his Greenmyn Moons in the Wormhole Pocket series. It's called The Monarchy Prey for Mantus, and it's now available for purchase on lulu.com. I did a full-color full-page illustration for every chapter, designed the cover and layed-out the whole book. Here's the front and back cover and a few sample illustrations:




Ron is doing some promotional deals exclusively for Spinadoodles readers if you buy the book directly from him! For $26 bucks (that's including shipping) he'll also send you a little 4 pack of insect-related toys, and you can buy both his first book called Extra! Extra-terrestrial and Mantus for $44 (that includes shipping), which is saving you something like $10 if you bought both separately. Contact Ron at: scifisatirist@hotmail.com if you would like to take advantage of those offers. Making the book was a lot of work for both of us and it would be awesome if you bought one! DO IT HERE!!!

IN OTHER NEWS; I just got my new business cards in the mail today! What the hey am I going to do with 5000 of them?

That's so many, there's no way I'm going to use them all, but they were only $50 from GOTPRINT.COM! They're having a sale right now for 5000 business cards for $38.55 (mine were a little more expensive because i got them printed on recycled paper), so you should totally get some. The printing quality is AWESOME! Here's some details of what they look like:


Next I think I'm going to print some stickers from them...

11 comments:

They call me EB said...

Sam! That's so great! It looks amazing, what an exciting big project. I also ordered... I think 150 (which at the time I thought I'd wiz through) and I still have more than 80% left, ha. But I have handed out a few!

Matt said...

WHOA! Sam, those illustrations look amazing! That's such an awesome project; how many drawings did you end up doing? You just keep cranking out more and more incredible artwork. Seriously, are there two of you? I hope this leads to a lot more work for you (and your clone). And thanks for the tip on the business card deal.

Kid Trails said...

those illustrations are dope!! nice adult card too.

Jason said...

Looks like it must have been a really fun project to work on, Sam!

Everything looks awesome, congrats!

Sam Spina said...

thanks everybody! yeah it was pretty fun to work on! in the end it was 11 illustrations and the cover matt

Bryce said...

those are amazing. congratulations!

duffyallen said...

This is some seriously awesome shit! :) Congrats dude!

Robin Cain said...

Genius!!! Sam, I bow to your awesomeness! Your illustrations are soooooo awesome. So glad you posted. I also love the business cards. I 've been thinking of getting some of those too...

GARZA said...

dude!!! This is sooo sick! You totally killed these! I want the book just for your illustrations! haha, sick dude, hopefully this opens up alot of new opportunities for you, and I hope Gotprint gives you something free because there probably going to be flooded with business after your post!

Dapo said...

Awesomeness!!! two thumbs up man! ;)

Christopher Downes said...

That looks GREAT!