Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lyn is visiting


And check it out! I was mentioned in an article in a local paper! It's an article about local cartoonists, READ IT HERE!

If you don't want to read the whole thing (it's pretty long) then here's the paragraph about me talking about John P.:

"There's this kid named Sam Spina, a really fantastic cartoonist, who just moved here from South Carolina," says Stafford. "When Sam came into Kilgore the first time, he looked really tired and unhappy. He said, 'I see you guys sell comics. Do you carry local stuff?' I was like, 'Yeah, definitely.' And he said, 'Really?' As it turns out, he'd gone to all the bookstores and comic shops in town to try to sell his mini-comics, but no one would take them. Sam was saying exasperatedly, 'But John Porcellino lives here! How can it not be the greatest comics town on earth?' The fact that John lived out here was one of the reasons Denver seemed like a cool place to him."

Haha!

6 comments:

Matt said...

That's awesome, man. Congrats on the free publicity. I hope you sell some more comics from it.

Bryce said...

yeah! things are going your way!

Robin Cain said...

Cool Sam! I agree your comics are awesome! I hope you get "discovered"... well more discovered that you already are... oh you know what I mean!

Kid Trails said...

props

They call me EB said...

:) Yay Sam!

GARZA said...

Niiice dude!! Your blowing up huge!!!