Thursday, April 22, 2010

bike fixer and NO WAY JOSE!


I've already sort of posted about it, but a few months ago I did a bunch of illustrations for local Columbia band, NO WAY JOSE!, and I just got the record in the mail a few days ago! It's a full 12" record that comes with a full sized coloring and activity book!




Thanks to JORDAN, AARON, CHRIS, and THOMAS for letting me be a part of such a rad project! They only printed 100 (they are all hand numbered), so there are only a few left available. ORDER ONE HERE and if not, at least listen to some tracks HERE. Oh, and be sure to look at some colored pages from the coloring book on DANA'S or MIKE JONES' blogs! If anyone wants me to post the uncolored versions of the pages so you can print them out and color them, let me know.

8 comments:

GARZA said...

dude thats way awesome! Coloring books are so hawt right now! Sick band too

Justin said...

I love that cover with the reversed lettering...it looks like the marker just bled through the album...classic record art is dying like Icelandic Sea-Ox but your contribution is keeping it alive. Viva vinyl!

Matt said...

That bike store employee looks like a hooligan. And I love the little wavy dude hiding in the record sleeve.

Rafael Tapia III said...

the bike shop takes me to the bank every time.

And that art work for the band is really dope!

get in here said...

Cool bike strip BUT the record is amazing! So ridiculously cool! Very happy for you.

Robin Cain said...

Hey Sam, the album art is the coolest!!! I love it! I like the backwards writing on the back too. Today's comic is also great. I so love your style... I think it's very distinctly Speee-nah.

Tyler said...

damn that is so aaaawsm dood!

Lonnie Allen said...

Fantastic! Hey read your minis. They are really fun and innovative. Sweet work sir!