Thursday, March 18, 2010

Not for Kids


I've been using a new Copic marker for the past few days. I really like the marker (it's awesome you can refill the ink and it's oval shape so it doesn't roll off the table), but whenever i scan it it looks all grainy. It sucks because I really don't like using prismacolors, They're like $4 each and I have to replace them every couple weeks. Any ideas or suggestions? I don't want to use ink wash because i want it to be very evenly applied and consistent, and I want to do it by hand, not on the computer.

9 comments:

Pierce said...

I like all the detail on the various hairs.

http://leftofsanity.wordpress.com/

Pierce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
girlfacedana said...

that's brilliant.

GARZA said...

hahaha, ah man thats hilarious! personally man I really dig the grain, makes your comics more gritty! I've been wanting to get a copic marker for some time now, I think I will have to invest soon.

Robin Cain said...

I just this morning bought some Copic markers! I can't wait to use them. I like the grainy-ness too. But if you don't like it you could experiment with your scanner settings.

Tyler said...

hahaaa this one is awesome/sofunny...

I totally work with dudes, too man.

Callie said...

you could take a really stable, focused and well-lit photo of the comic every time and just transfer it to the computer.
also, that comic is awesome. that is my job in a nutshell.

Matt said...

Yeah, I think the grittiness doesn't detract from your comics at all... but your stuff looks awesome no matter what so I wouldn't worry too much.

sam said...

that would help callie, but i'm the absolute worst at any kind of photography. and thanks matt!