Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Painting for Hollywood

I'm in an art show this Friday in LA! Carmen "Jane Dope" Acosta from The Beat Bee Sessions put the show together and asked me to be in it! It's called Eat Your Art Out 3, and it's benefiting Jane Dope's roller derby team. I wish I could go! It's at Meltdown Comics, HERE'S THE INFO!

Since it was for a roller derby benefit show I decided to stick with a roller derby theme (duh), but whenever I try to come up with an idea for a painting it's always violent or just really, really weird. In this case both.

It's 8" x 10" and done with colored inks. I finally used these Winsor Newton Drawing Inks that I've had forever. I found a cool dark blue frame that matched one of the colors I used perfectly, but I take terrible photos so you pretty much have to take my word for it.


And there's some doodles I did on the back. It was really weird mailing it out to Jane Dope, because she lives in Hollywood. It doesn't seem like people really live in Hollywood. It's like living in Disneyland or something.

While I'm showing that painting, here's a few more! These are just a few of the small paintings that people have ordered from me (for only $5!) recently. If you want one, just click the button over there -->!



12 comments:

Jason said...

I like your color stuff, brings a little more life to it :)

your painting reminds me of Akira. Very weird and very cool.

GARZA said...

NICE MAN! I just heard about that show on the last beat bee session. Super sick dude, I so called it, your going big now man! Congrats!

Matt said...

You are too goddamn talented, Sam. Not only are your comics super-rad but your paintings rock, too.

Anthony said...

those are rad as hell man....

Justin said...

I can't add anything to what Matt said. Jesus man. The only downside to your insane art is how little you seem to realize you own straight-jacket inducing talent. I fear and respect you sir.

Tyler said...

holy shit duuude the Hollywood painting is amazing! i dig big.

Zach said...

you ever try an oilbar?

girlfacedana said...

jeez louise those are cool!

Ryan said...

I love that first painting -RC

Christopher Downes said...

Mr. Spina, You are a powerhouse. You make me jealous.

Kid Trails said...

thats so fucking sick man

Dapo said...

PURE AWESOMENESS!!!! :)