Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bad Mood, Josh and Buster


Yesterday I got a letter from my cola buddy JOSH ZERANGUE, and inside of it was a tiny folded piece of paper that said 'open carefully,'and this is what was in it:



Wow! Whenever I see Josh's art, and hear him talk about it and explain it, it's like he's a REAL ARTIST. He has explanations and ideas behind all of his pieces, and works in a completely original way. He makes his new stuff (like this one he made for me) by inking up a small piece of Mylar, then he scratches out the image with an exacto knife under a microscope! That's why it looks like a small woodcut when you look at it up close (click on that second picture to make it bigger so you can see what I'm talking about)! Here's another example of this way of working:

It's about the same size as mine, done the same way. He scratched out the halftone pattern to make the image! That's such an awesome way to work. I can totally see these in some crazy gallery in NYC or LA. I can't wait to see more.

And while I'm putting some photos, we got another visit from our neighborhood cat Buster! Sometimes me and Samantha can lure him into our apartment so we can play with him for a little bit.

I love that guy!

6 comments:

GARZA said...

thats a super sick idea! under a microscope! damn he is a REAL artist! heh

Matt said...

I'm not sure why but I really like how you're wearing your sweatshirt hood up indoors, while you draw... and that little print is amazing.

Tyler said...

everything = awesome

Garrett said...

Lucky! Free cats!

mk said...

Josh. That boy so talented.

I love the way you're drawing Samantha now, it's changed somewhere along the way but I'm not sure where.

Chaz said...

and why...? has there not been a comic about buster yet?!