Monday, January 25, 2010

Stay at Home Sam


Today's comic is a tribute to my good online friend, Matt at Spinadoo Comics! A few days ago he did his comics in my style, so I had to return the favor. And I will never look at his comics the same way again. A couple months ago Matt sent me one of his originals of his comics, and I was blown away by how small it is! So when I made this one I just copied his template, and some of his crazy viewpoints too (especially panels 2 and 3). This seriously took 3 times as long start to finish as my comics normally take (I timed it), and I can't imagine making one of these daily! and even though I tried to make it a lot more detailed then my usual stuff, it's not anywhere close to the level of detail he has! And the coloring! Jeez, Matt, you set the bar so high. I even thought I was being original when I put a photo in my comic a few days ago, and then I found this one in the Spinadoo archives: TAPE (haha that one's awesome)!

I'm glad I did this experiment, because now I can FULLY appreciate every Stay at Home Matt I read. Seriously Matt, you need to scan in a comic with a quarter on top of it so show people how freakin tiny you draw! And it's so clean!!! HOW?? You're the man dude.

6 comments:

GARZA said...

NICE! I couldn't even imagine the time that it would take me to do all that, just drawing out mine takes like a week already! haha, really nice tribute man

Robin Cain said...

I love it!!! Nicely done!

girlfacedana said...

neat!

Matt said...

Sam, thank you, thank you, thank you. That's such an honor. To see my goofy comics through your pencil is such a treat. And the things you wrote are so kind and supportive. You RULE! Thanks for all the generous support.

Andrew Wales said...

I have one of Matt's originals, and I agree. I was also blown away. I cannot draw that small.

I enjoyed the gag in your comic. Very funny!

Bob Dahlstrom said...

Ha! That's awesome. I honestly thought this was one of Matt's comics at first.