Monday, December 14, 2009

iLuv page, Matt Kindt, and a gross comic



And here is the first page of my contribution to ACME COMICS' (the local Columbia indie comic shop) anthology called Awkward Moments. It's going to be a 4 page story and I'm going to add computer text (maybe just a screenshot) to it, which is why there are some blank spaces:

I'm inking with microns and made the gray with a prismacolor marker.

Also, I got MATT KINDT'S new book, 3 STORY in the mail today. I've heard it's might knock ASTERIOS POLYP by David Mazzucchelli out of the way and be the best graphic novel of 2009! I bought it directly from Matt Kindt because he was having a special where he would send a 5" x 7" watercolor painting with the book for free! I think that's over now, so sorry I didn't tell you sooner, because you could have got an original one of these:

Wow! I'm definitely going to frame that.

6 comments:

Matt said...

Great comic today, Sam (damn, you have some hairy legs). You might have to get a drain snake and clean out the pipes before you hit it with some more Draino (I recommend the Professional Grade stuff). Your submission page looks awesome and that watercolor sketch is sick. I'll have to check out more of that dude's work. Thanks.

industri studios said...

The comic page looks amazing...

Followed you here from your comment on Food One's blog - I love finding artists through his comments page - your work is amazing!

Jason said...

That's a nice little painting!

I'm excited to see the comic. it's looking fun :)

GARZA said...

yeah i agree with Matt, the drain snake works wonders. That's a sick watercolor too!

Sam Spina said...

i a drain snake would probably be the best, but i don't think I could handle that. I would probably gag and be done with it.

Holly said...

Nothing to keep the toesies warm like scummy water!