Tuesday, December 15, 2009

BORDO BELLO!

So that skateboard deck I painted a while ago was for a show called Bordo Bello. It was a pretty cool event, here are some comics about that night (p.s. - something crazy happens...):


Esurance


Crazy right?!?!! I bought Jim Mahfood's deck! It was retarded how cheap all the decks were, the starting bid was $25 on all of them, which is half the price of a store bought skate deck (i don't understand why they would do that...), I don't think anything sold for more then $50 except a few sculptural ones, like one guy sold a crazy bench made out of boards for $70 I think. It's crazy, Mahfood was definitely the biggest name there, and I guess nobody noticed or heard of him.



I've been into his stuff for a really long time, it's nuts to say I own one of his original paintings. You should read his blog, he just put up an epic 9 page (but it will take you like an hour and a half to read it all) comic about a trip to france: INK STAINS. Looking at his stuff is so inspiring, it makes me want to draw all loose and funky with big drippy markers and pens. FOOD ONE!

5 comments:

GARZA said...

whoahohohoa! Thats too wicked man! So awesome you won the bid, but lame that Denver doesn't know about Mahfood!

Jason said...

That's a pretty slick board, at an amazing price too :)

Matt said...

Jim Mahfood is a GOD. Nice score, Sam. And tell Samantha that she's pretty damn funny.

Eef said...

Looks killer, and very cheap indeed!! Maybe it is proof that no skaters came to the artshow/ :D

eef
monsterboards.org

greg! said...

my brother works for the creative department at esurance. his job title is "other." awkward.