Sunday, November 1, 2009

Toro Y Moi Tour











It was awesome touring with ISLANDS, JEMINA PEARL, and of course TORO Y MOI, who is my bff CHAZ. I was brought along to help Chaz and Heather drive on the west-coast part of the tour. I brought some mini-comics and put some in stores along the way, which was cool, and sold some at the shows (like 5). Check the all access passes, try and see which one is a homemade version before we got real ones:

The pass was drawn by NICK, the lead singer of Islands, who draws SUPER RAD COMICS! They're so good! He said he has a book coming out next year, so be on the look out for that.

Anyways the tour is still going until November 6th or so, so check it out if you can!

6 comments:

mk said...

Haha my favorite is the bus. I have definitely been on the bus side of that scene before, circa 6th grade.

Glad the tour was great!

Matt said...

Awesome comics, Sam. It's so interesting to see what it's like to be on tour with a few bands, especially some super-rad indie bands that I already listen to. I especially like the first one. My wife has a Tom-Tom GPS that's set to a British dude called Tim. The "Tim-Tim" says awesome stuff like "motorway" instead of expressway and we were giggling like idiots the whole drive to Connecticut a few months ago. The only bad thing about that was, after long stretches of not saying anything, when "Tim-Tim" spoke up near an exit or something, it kept scaring the shit outta us. Diggin' the sketchiness of these comics... you can tell you were drawing them in a van and not a comfy drawing table. Nice job, road dog!

Bryans World said...

i like chaz's hair

They call me EB said...

Haha, I like the "Washed out" comment. Too funny.

GARZA said...

awesome coverage on the tour! It was cool to hang with yall for the night!

Cedar Cedar Cedar said...

I love number 4 and the last one! You had me laughing and falling out of my chair (alone)! Wonderful!!