Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Mail, Paintings, Kinoko, Puke

Since I've moved I've been getting a lot of really awesome stuff in the mail! The first thing I got a few weeks ago was a really sweet mini-comic/sticker/drawing package from my amazing cartoonist friend CHRIS DOWNES all the way from Australia! His drawings are so good it's crazy.


That's one of the sickest envelope drawings I've seen in my LYFE!

Then I got a package from my close friend PATRICK J in Columbia, SC. He sent some sweet drawings on cigarette boxes and the new KID TRAILS cd Winlow. I love how he draws, but the case he sent the cd in looks extra good! I love the messy texture.


Another awesome webcomic sent some of his stuff from NY! MATT GRAUPMAN also does daily comics, but his are colored! so much work. Anyways I thought that he drew them bigger then I did because there is so much more detail and because they are so clean, so I was SHOCKED when he sent one of his originals!


He draws just as small as I do! He writes so tiny I can't believe it's legible. Seeing the original made me appreciate his comics so much more, the line quality is perfect.

Lastly, I got a package from my Chicago friend Erin. She sent a really funny mini-comic and an awesome sewing/drawing that she posted on her blog a while back:


Haha that's such a good drawing of me! And there's my address so now everyone can start mailing me stuff, ha. I'm down for trades! Speaking of trades here are a few more small paintings I recently made to send to people:



I think I mentioned this, but I met a really awesome Illustrator on tour in Seattle. Her name is KINOKO! Check out the cool thing she drew in my pocket sketchbook:
And the thing I drew when we drew together:

She also makes really GOOD MUSIC and has a BLOG. She even made a BLOG POST ABOUT ME!

And finally, here is my comic for today:
Way to end this on a high note.

Now that what I call a blog post! *whew*

10 comments:

Patrick Jeffords said...

wow that was a whopper. looks like you got a lot of goodies.

Jason said...

Hey, I would be down for a trade!

Matt said...

Wow! My head is spinning from all the cool art and nice compliments. You have the beginnings of a whole gallery there. Great comic today, too.

Kinoko said...

Holy Mole' I jus saw this is so the nize!! Thank U

GARZA said...

freaking awesome man! I'm gunna send you some stuff sometime soon too, that photorealistic drawing of you was sick! same with the one you did with kinoko!

They call me EB said...

Yer mailbox is ovaflowwwin

Bryans World said...

that portrait is SIIIIICK!!!!

Tyler said...

haha, so awesome man!

ofloda said...

Freakin' awesome post! ^-^

Ernest Greene said...

yo sam...

check ur FB messages...