Monday, October 5, 2009

Principles of Design Challenge!

Samantha's Uncle Tyler bought 8 small paintings from me, and instead of making 8 random paintings, I decided to make a sort of guessing game. I illustrated 7 principles of design, in the bottom right corner of the paintings is the first letter of the principle that I'm illustrating. First one to guess them all wins a comic of your choosing! Answer in the comments or email me at Sam@Spinacreative.com! Some of them are tricky, so good luck!







And remember you can have a small painting of your own for only $5!

10 comments:

Sean said...

1. balance
2. contrast
3. proportion
4. dominance
5. rhythm
6. unity
7. proximtiy

Sean said...

7. proximity. bad spelling.

GARZA said...

1. balance
2. continuation
3. pattern
4. dominance
5. rhythm
6. unity
7. proportion

Sam Spina said...

sean: 2 and 7 are wrong
jon: 2 is wrong but super close

2 is tough! While I was making these I thought of better ones, some of them are kind of redundant. Haha thanks for guessing!

Sean said...

ok, so seven is proportion. is two color? the internet is not helping....

Matt said...

1. Balance
2. Continuity
3. Pattern
4. Dominance
5. Rhythm
6. Unity
7. Proportion

John said...

1. Balance
2. Color
3. Pattern
4. Dominance
5. Rhythm
6. Unity
7. Proportion

Sam Spina said...

well everyone is so close but 2 is supposed to be consistency! Maybe it didn't work because there are some differences in color between the two guys, so I don't blame you. I would say the winners are Jon and Matt! Continuation and continuity are really close to consistency and i think that continuity is a better principle than consistency anyways. And since Jon already has my comics I'll mail you some comics if you email me your address Matt!

They call me EB said...

Uhh.... was I supposed to learn these at some point? lol

TAC said...

Thanks Sam for making these for me! Calling me "The Uncle" though makes me feel old!